I have almost finished scanning and uploading my three UK holiday sketchbooks to my flickr website. Every sketch holds a memory of a time and place and I feel like I want to show you them all. These blogs have been more of a ‘holiday snaps’ than art talk. I did not know where to start and stop sharing my English holiday sketches on my blog.
However, my mother (and travelling companion) has recently mentioned a few places and events that express what London means to her. I have taken her suggestions to form the basis of my blog this week.
I have taken Mum’s words and added my sketch
- the green spaces, so many lovely squares. We were using our Oyster Card just like all the locals and other tourists – Russell Square, King’s Cross, Jubilee Line, Westminster!!!!
the places to visit like British Museum and Library
- then there is beautiful Regents Park, an oasis in the busy streets around Baker Street. Pity we had a little trouble finding our way back to Bloomsbury
- London is the red buses, telephone boxes and post boxes
- not forgetting that time we sat eating lunch after hearing the ‘Bells of St. Clements’
- and looking down the street at the Royal Courts of Justice.
London is all that and more……………